Parks & Recreation Manager
The Parks and Recreation Manager, working under the direction and with the Community Services Director, plans, organizes, directs, and supervises the overall day-to-day operations of the City Parks and Recreation areas, Cemeteries, athletic fields, rodeo arena, and related facilities to ensure that they are maintained and operated safely, efficiently, and in accordance with applicable established rules, policies, guidelines, and standards.
The Parks and Recreation Manager reports directly to the Community Service Director and Supervises and, manages all full-time, part-time, and seasonal employees in the Parks and Recreation Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for recreational programming, community facilities, and parks/facilities planning and development.
- Responsible for communicating back and forth between Parks, City Staff, and the Community Service Director.
- Responsible in assisting the implementation of the City’s plans, programs, missions, goals, and provide professional and technical assistance to the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board.
- Responsible for the overall directive coordination, and evaluations of this unit.
- Works with the Director of Community Services through hiring processes, develops performance expectations, and identifies essential functions of the positions, skills, abilities, and knowledge required.
- Responsible for supervising, training, directing, and evaluating department personnel.
- Responsible for monitoring all activities and operations of the department and sets goals, objectives, and guidelines for performance.
- Directs and participates in the recruitment, selection, training, supervision, and development of all Parks and Recreation staff, makes recommendations for hiring and terminating.
- Prepare schedules and assignments for recreation personnel and plans, manages, and monitors the proper allocation and utilization of staff according to projected needs and directives.
- Supervises acquisition, planning, design, construction, and maintenance of recreation facilities, coordinates, and shares resources with the Director of Community Services on maintenance and special repair projects.
- Evaluates and inspects the cleanliness and effectiveness of recreation areas, facilities, and services.
- Studies local conditions, communicates with user groups, and develops immediate and long range plans to meet recreational needs of all age groups.
- Responsible for following City procurement procedures when obtaining price quotes(s) as needed for requisitions, to place orders and maintain supplies and equipment.
- Prepare and manages annual budget for recreation program functions, develops alternative funding sources for programs and improvements.
- Attends regular Parks and Recreation Board meetings and reports recommendations and direction to the Director of Community Service.
- Advises the Director of Community Service a long-term strategic planning for all parks and park programs.
- Oversees marketing of park programs, including posting on the City of Truth or Consequences website.
- Researches grant opportunities and assists with grant applications for the betterment of parks and related community facilities.
- Coordinates facilities and programs with department staff and other agencies and organizations, serves as a technical advisor to sports clubs and recreation staff.
- Performs public relations duties, responds to complaints, handles all league suspensions and rules enforcement, prepares new releases and information, marketing bulletins, or other publicity needs of diverse community groups under the direction of the Director of Community Services and/or the City Manager.
The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of all employees assigned to this job.
Contact : City of Truth or Consequences
505 Sims Street
T or C NM 87901
Applications are in office or online
Deadline for Applying : Feb 26, 2021