Line Repairman I- Water Services
Operates equipment and becomes familiar with Division procedures dealing with the construction, maintenance, and operation of the City’s water distribution and wastewater collection systems.
- Learns how to use light equipment such as hand tools and pneumatic tools necessary for the construction and repair of water distribution and wastewater collection
- Follows all safety rules, regulations, and policies established within the City and the Water Services Division.
- Keeps the appearance of the shop and grounds in an orderly manner by general
- Helps maintain vehicles by cleaning, servicing and housekeeping
- May be required to work weekends or holidays.
The above listed duties are intended to be general in nature and level of work performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- One (1) year of related
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain a pleasant working relationship with fellow employees and the general
- Ability to become familiar with Division and City rules and regulations.
- Skill in operating listed tools and
- Knowledge pertaining to the application of basic First Aid including
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate in both oral and written English.
- Must possess good hearing and sight (aided or unaided).
- Ability to operate backhoe, preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions when notified of said disability.
- Duties may involve lifting of heavy objects up to 50
- Duties involve walking or standing for long periods of time on even, uneven, hard, soft, wet or dry surfaces
- Duties involve climbing, crawling, sitting, crouching, kneeling, twisting, bending; ability to assume prone positions, to rotate and to balance.
- Duties require use of hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, grasp, manipulate, reach with hands and arms, overall and finger dexterity
- Duties require ability to talk and hear
Application and Job Description are available from Human Resources Office, 505 Sims St., T or C., NM 87901, tel. #575-740-7554; fax #575-894-0336 or on the City’s website at: www.torcnm.org
Applications and resumes will be accepted until filled. Equal Opportunity Employer
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled