Submit a Public Records Request

The City Clerk serves as the Custodian of Records for the City of Truth or Consequences.  A person may request public records by contacting the City Clerk's Office in person, by mail, e-mail or fax. using the Request for Public Records form.  All written requests are responded to pursuant to the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act.

As noted on the form, records requests must contain the name, address and telephone number of the person seeking access to public records and identify the records sought with reasonable particularity

This form must be turned in to the City Clerk's Office.  Please make sure that you indicate whether the documents you are requesting are only to be made available for your inspection or whether you wish copies of the documents.  There is no charge for inspection of requested documents.  Copies of documents are charged at  25¢ per page.