**Official Press Release**
In recognintion of circumstances related to the coronavirus, and in consideration of the safety of the general public and City staff, The City Manager of the City of Truth or Consequences, New Mexico hereby makes the following announcement. The following conditions will remain in effect until further notice:
1. The following City facilities will be closed effective March 18, 2020:
- City of T or C Civic Center
- City of T or C Library
- J.A. Hodges Swimming Pool
2. The City Utilities Office will accpet payments at the drive-thru window only. This window will be used for walk-up service. No vehicles will be allowed to drive directly up to the window. Alternative payment methods are highly encouraged e.g. internet, telephone, and toll free (866) 202-2614 for telephone payment. New service and payment arrangements will be done by appointment.
3. The City Clerk's offices will be closed to the general public. However, the Clerk's office will provide regular services by telephone or by appointment, based upon need.
4. All other City offices will also be closed to public access. However, services will remain available by telephone or appointment based upon need and availabililty.
5. City Police will continue to provide essential services and respond to all emergency calls for service. Non-emergency reports will be taken by telephone whenever possible. Fingerprint services will also be suspended until further notice. If you need a copy of a police report you will need to call in first since the lobby will be closed.
6. The City Solid Waste Department Recycle and Waste Collection Center will be open for service to the public on Fridays and Saturdays only beginning on March 20 from 8 am to 3 pm.
7. All other essential services such as water, waste water, solid waste collection and electric service will continue as usual.
If you have any questions please contact the City Manager's office at 894-6673
City PIO - Deputy Chief Erica Baker